The official ESD links are out and you can once again create an ISO/bootable Windows with the Microsoft’s official provided ‘Media Creation Tool’. This little guide shows you how to create the bootable ISO in some easy steps.
Some easy steps to create Spring Creators Update 1803
- Download the latest version of Microsoft MediaCreationsTool
- Download the latest products.xml.
- Copy both things, the MediaCreationsTool and the products.xml into one folder and copy the path.
- Open PowerShell or a CMD and use cd <copythepathtoyourfolderhere>. Press enter afterwards, now you’re in the same folder with your CMD Window.
- MediaCreationTool.exe /Selfhost is the command you like to use in order to start the entire process.
- After some seconds you see that the MediaCreationsTool will start and you get some Windows to accept EULA etc.
- (optional) If that’s too complicated for you, I’ve created a little batch utility here on GitHub which you can download and extract, start the batch, basically, it does the same as the 6 mentioned steps above, just automated.
- (optional) you can suppress some things while working with the cmd parameters the Media Creations Tool gives you e.g.
- MediaCreationTool.exe /Selfhost /Eula Accept /Retail /MediaLangCode en-us /MediaArch x64 /MediaEdition Enterprise in order to create a Retail Enterprise Edition, of course, you can change the x64 or language or version if you like.
- That’s it now you can wait until all is finished, you see the files after all is done in the folder and you can copy it to a USB drive or start the setup.exe in order to start the upgrade to Spring Creators Update.
The process is the same like with the last major update and it’s easily done in several minutes. It doesn’t require much to get everything started and running.
Enjoy your Spring Creators Update!