Ultimate Boot CD 5.3.8 was just released and comes with several nice program updates. The full changelog is as always available over here. The official page hasn’t updated the description or versions history yet but they will within the next day(s). MajorGeeks already offers a download link to the current version.
Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) is a freeware bootable recovery CD that contains a collection of software and tools that is used to help recover and troubleshoot a computer that is unable to boot. It includes diagnostic tools for testing a Processor (CPU), Memory (RAM), hard drive, video card, and other devices.
Overall it’s a collection of bunch of diagnostic tools which might help you to solve some computer problems or to identity what exactly is going on.
- FDUBCD: UBCD FreeDOS version updated to V1.53.
- FDUBCD: Updated FreeDOS kernel version to 2042. Also updated HIMEMX.EXE, JEMM386.EXE and MEM.EXE from FreeDOS 1.2.
- Updated Darik’s Boot and Nuke to 2.3.0.
- Updated Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS to V5.27.
- Updated HDAT2 to V5.3.
- Updated HDClone to V6.0.7.
- Updated Intel Processor Identification Utility to V5.30.
- Updated Partition Saving to V4.30.
- Updated PLoP Boot Manager to V5.0.15.
- Updated Super Grub2 Disk to V2.00s8.
The program includes over 100+ tools in total and is freeware. You can download the current version always here.
The program can check the following PC components:
- Boot Management
- Data Recovery
- Device Info and Management
- Disk Cloning
- Disk Editing
- Disk Wiping
- Partition Management
Many times we’ve had to pull out the UBCD to troubleshoot hard drive failures and such at a remote location away from my offices and its saved me a lot of trouble – the only wish I had was that the program would be more often receive some updates and that the official page also would offer a directly portable version for my USB drive.
The program is very useful and gets my recommendation in case you want to identify computer problems or check several components.