According to Hamodia, a group of users filed a request with the Haifa District Court in Israel to file a class action against these three companies. The group is represented by attorney Rimon Zinati and includes computer and cellphone users.
Rosen Law Firm is a global investor rights firm, where a class action lawsuit has been kicked off on “behalf of purchasers of the securities of Advanced Micro Devices”.
“Defendants during the Class Period made materially false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that: (1) a fundamental security flaw in Advanced Micro’s processor chips renders them susceptible to hacking; and (2) as a result, Advanced Micro’s public statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times. When the true details entered the market, the lawsuit claims that investors suffered damages”.
To be clear, the security research team identified three variants targeting speculative execution. The threat and the response to the three variants differ by microprocessor company, and AMD is not susceptible to all three variants. Due to differences in AMD’s architecture, we believe there is a near zero risk to AMD processors at this time. We expect the security research to be published later today and will provide further updates at that time”.
We believe these allegations are without merit. We intend to vigorously defend against these baseless claims.
Apple, AMD, and Intel have all been scrambling to eliminate processor flaws that allow applications to access sensitive memory data that should be protected. The bugs affect almost all desktop and mobile processors produced in the last decade. Especially KB4056892 caused massive issue on AMD Athlon systems.
If Apple should really be added, doesn’t the same thing go for Microsoft, Google, Linux, and every other company that sells products with Intel, AMD, and ARM inside?
- Apple gets Dragged into new Class Action filed in Israel against Intel and ARM over Meltdown and Spectre Security Flaws (patentlyapple.com)
- Lawyer Seeks Class-Action Suit Against Intel, Apple, ARM (hamodia.com)
- It gets worse: Microsoft’s Spectre-fixer wrecks some AMD PCs (theregister.co.uk)
- https://regmedia.co.uk/2018/01/05/intelsanfranciscosuit.pdf – San Francisco, CA
- https://regmedia.co.uk/2018/01/05/inteloregoncomplaint.pdf – Eugene, OR
- https://regmedia.co.uk/2018/01/05/intelindianasuit.pdf – Indianapolis, IN