With this little trick you prevent 3rd-Party Firefox Apps from intercepting your Browser, which allows to restrict certain functions. It works as some kind of isolation.
The Negative Impact of using Firefox Accessibility Service
- Impact Firefox browsing performance
- Prevent web surfing monitoring/logging
- Stability may be adversely affected
- Instant and visible improvement in FF performance
Examples of Accessibility Services
Ability to inspect, monitor, visualize, and alter web page content hosted within Firefox.
- Assistive Technologies
- Do not disable Firefox Accessibility Service if you or someone who shares your device accesses the web through Firefox using any type of physical impairment assistive software. (Intended use of Firefox Accessibility Service).
- Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Browser Plugins
- Often described as “browser protections” promoting security improvements, these features rarely add valuable security to Firefox and other browsers. Most are poorly designed and poorly tested, and can inadvertently disable more effective security measures built into Firefox.
- Enterprise or Educational Monitoring and Access
- Niche Shareware or Freeware applications
- Mozilla does not support or sanction this use of Accessibility Service.
- Malware and Adware
- Abused by malware, if present, to monitor user behavior or access user information on the web.
- What is the Accessibility Service Indicator? | Firefox Help (support.mozilla.org)