This update makes reliability improvements to Microsoft Store and fixes an issue that could cause app update failures and cause Microsoft Store to generate unnecessary network requests. The update was released several days (but not for everyone) after the December 12, 2017 Patch Tuesday, the last official patch day of the year 2017.
How to get this update
Via Windows Update
This update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Since I was unable to see the update over WSUS or the official update catalog I’ll give you guys the direct links right here:
How to Install Cumulative updates CAB Files on Windows 10
- Download the CAB Files x86 / x64 depending upon the OS architecture.
- Copy the downloaded KBnumber.cab.cab file to folder C:\
- Run command-prompt as admin (Right click on Windows icon and choose option). Check the image above.
- Enter the command “DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:c:\KBnumber.cab“
- This installs the CU CAB File. Check the screenshot below for example.
- Your devices will restart once the installation is over. Else you may need to restart your PC.
No restart was required while installing the latest update – just another out of band update from MS and it doesn’t change the os build number either. Strange!