Websites that allow easy downloads of single DLL files seem like the answer you’ve been looking for when you get one of those annoying “DLL not found” or “DLL is missing” errors. Consider this your fair warning – DLL download sites should almost always be avoided, even though they sometimes provide a quick fix.
There are other, perfectly safe and acceptable ways of fixing DLL problems without resorting to downloading individual DLL files from these sites.
- DLL Download Sites are Not Approved Sources for DLL Files
- Installing a Single DLL File is Often a Bandage for a Larger Problem
- DLL’s from DLL Download Sites are Often Outdated
- DLL Files from DLL Download Sites May be Infected with Viruses
- DLL Download Sites Could Host DLL Files That Could Compromise Your Computer’s Security
How the fix the problems the right way?
Determine the root cause of the problem by troubleshooting! A computer doesn’t continue to list problem after problem it finds, just the first one that makes it stop. In this case, a missing DLL file. So what you need to do is figure out what the actual problem is, which is probably not just a missing DLL file. To do that, you need to find a troubleshooting guide for the specific issue.
In most situations it’s enough to install/re-install Visual C++ Runtime Installer which contains all the latest and official files.